News from Lori's Parents
20 October 1997In this update:
Commemorating Two Years of Wrongful Imprisonment
Sunday, November 30, 1997 will mark two years since Lori's arrest. It is unthinkable that she has been condemned to live these two years under horrendous conditions while being denied the opportunity to defend herself in an open court.
On November 30, 1997 we will remind "the powers that be" that Lori has not been forgotten -- that, indeed, support for her is stronger than ever and still growing. We hope that you will help us by joining with others in your community in order to draw attention to Lori's plight.
We envision events occurring across the country, large ones in NYC, Boston, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C., and smaller ones elsewhere.
We hope you will consider organizing an activity in your community -- for example,
- a prayer meeting
- a candlelight vigil at an appropriate location
- a march or demonstration at an appropriate location
- a "letter writing" party -- letters to officials and/or to Lori
- a seminar or "teach-in" focused on Lori and/or the "justice" system in Perú
- any event that will provide information about Lori's situation (and, if you wish, that of others wrongfully imprisoned in Perú) and will possibly draw the attention of local press/media.
Please let us know ASAP if you are willing to organize such an event in your community. We will keep everyone informed of events as they are planned.